LRBG was formed in July 2013 with a view to actively supporting the economic well-being of our lovely town.
The Group comprises of representatives from all sections of the town’s business community – from retailers, restaurant owners and accommodation providers to the many trades people and service providers on whom we all rely to keep the wheels of industry turning. We are committed to safeguarding a strong and vibrant economic future for Lyme Regis that fully supports our resident population and seasonal visitors.
We hope that you will decide to be a part of this enthusiastic and dynamic group.
Our Aims are:
- To increase visitor numbers throughout the year (not just during the peak holiday season), and
- To encourage the local population to continue supporting local businesses.
- To act as the the voice of the business community, and promote and foster co-operation amongst all businesses in the Area.
- To play a non-partisan, positive and responsive part in the life of the business community.
Our Plan is:
- To create a year long series of annual events
- To improve signage and car parking facilities throughout the
- To promote the town to potential visitors via a regular
- To promote the town to local residents through a relevant “Support Your Local Business” campaign
- To maximise the opportunities created by PR and social media.
In order to encourage as many businesses as possible to join the LRBG, we are determined to keep membership fees as low as possible. Your membership fee will also include an entry into the new LRBG Directory A membership fee is necessary to help us build up a cash fund to contribute towards the various skills and services we need to help us deliver our objectives as laid out above. Many LRBG members have access to some of the design, print, production, pr and marketing skills we need and are both generous and tireless in donating their time and efforts to the cause, but in order to achieve our objectives in a professional and effective manner, there is no doubt that we will need to pay for some services. We are therefore asking all members to set their own fee.
This is how it works
A minimum membership fee of £45 per annum is required. But if you feel you could afford to contribute a little more, then please go ahead and invest whatever you think you can afford to help keep Lyme Regis thriving. Every penny you can spare will be spent carefully and effectively – and LRBG promises to account for every penny. Simply download and fill in the Membership Form and send it to the address on the reverse of the tear-off slip, together with your membership contribution. You will receive an acknowledgement and membership confirmation in return.
For further information please contact Tony Colston on 07770 275641.